The Capital City Chorus (CCC) is Ottawa’s premier men’s A Cappella chorus, with a rich 65+ year history. The men of our chorus come from all walks of life, ages, and musical skill levels. This forms a vibrant, and energetic gathering of men who come together each week to sing in fellowship and fun.
The Chorus is a member of the Ontario District of the Barbershop Harmony Society. The CCC is a five-time winner of the Society’s Ontario District Chorus Competition and has represented Ontario in the annual international barbershop competition. Quartets from the Chapter have won both District Championships and Seniors Championships, and have frequently represented the District at international competitions.
Each week, we continuously work on the quality of our vocal production, our repertoire, and prepare for any of our upcoming shows or events.
Additional information about visiting a rehearsal.
Capital City Chorus Vision:
“An inclusive and engaging vocal organization of men of all ages performing a cappella music in the barbershop style that will continuously strive to offer opportunities for personal growth, fellowship, and community presence.”
Capital City Chorus Mission:
To be an organization of men singing a cappella music, predominantly in the barbershop style, that:
- provides opportunities and tools for collaborative musical development within an inclusive and engaging environment
- prepares and presents quality a cappella entertainment regularly to the community at large
- participates in both competitive and non-competitive activities of the Ontario District and Barbershop Harmony Society
- supports selected charitable causes
Capital City Chorus Core Values:
- Fellowship & Community
- Respect & Inclusiveness
- Opportunities for Growth
- Willingness to Listen & Speak
- Willingness to be Innovative
- Individual Responsibility & Accountability
- Transparency Shared